Day 1 (Paro to Thimphu)
Thimphu Dzong (Fortress)
Arrive at Paro and Proceed towards Thimphu.
Sightseeing in Thimphu includes:
- Buddha Point: where you will find one of the largest sitting Buddha. It is the destination for most tourists in Thimphu.
- Memorial chorten: Vistit Memorial Chorten in memory of late king Jigme Dorji Wangchuk,popuarly known as Father of Modern Bhutan.
- The Folk Heritage Museum: A three storied traditional building houses the Folk Heritage Museum. This museum provides glimpse into the traditional Bhutanese life.
Overnight in hotel in Thimphu
Day 2 (Thimphu to Paro)
Paro Dzong (Fortress)
Arrive Paro and Sightseeing.
- Rinpung Dzong built by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal( the first spiritual and temporal of Bhutan).
- Ta-Dzong (one time watch tower built to defend Rinpung Dzong): Today Ta-dzong is the national Museum of Bhutan.
- Drugyel dzong.
Overnight Accommodation in hotel Paro or similar.
Day 3 (Hike to Taktsang Monastery)
Hike to the most famous Taksang, popularly known as the Tiger’s Nest, built amazingly on a steep cliff. It is a great pilgrimage site and is also one of the most sacred sites in the Himalayan world. The day excursion is approximately 5 hours.
Overnight Accommodation in hotel in Paro
Day 4 Departure
Early transfer to the airport.
- Entry fees